Speaker - Craig McCourt
I understand the challenge of finding just the right speaker. As a full time Church worker for more than 25+ I was involved in planning for many events, from small congregational training sessions to large, arena-size, multi-day conferences.
I realized early on that success of an event came down to the quality of the speakers. If they hit it out of the park, we had a great event. If they didn’t, well … we had a not-so-great event.
I understand the trust organizers place in those who they select to speak for them. I can help you deliver a memorable event that will help serve your goals and needs.
Like you, I found myself spending hours researching speakers, to make sure we had just the right fit. My hope is that this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to make the best decision possible.
Thanks for stopping by. Thanks also for considering me. I am honored.
Power of a Story
Research is bearing out what God has always known: there is power in a good story! Our brains are wired to remember stories easier and with greater impact than data, facts and figures.
Craig’s speaking ministry Pondering God was born out of a deep passion to tell the great stories of God and to help the listener connect these stories to their everyday life.
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with me prior to your event, so I can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- When appropriate a custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I used in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
A Little About Me
I have been speaking publicly for more than 25 years and have served as Sunday Morning preacher, keynote and workshop leader for 100’s of events. I have also host a weekly podcast GodPonders Audio, and have been writing a blog for more than 8 years at GodPonders.org.
I have spent most of my career in youth and family ministry as a full time Youth Work. I have served congregations in Wisconsin, Indiana, Texas, and Minnesota.
I now devote my time to writing, consulting, and speaking. I have been privileged to speak to groups both large and small both in the US as well as internationally.
My first book, Pondering God (GodPonders Publishing, 2015), is a a collection of stories and scripture to help you Ponder God in a fresh way. My latest project, Knowing Christ (GodPonders Publishing, 2016), is a small group Bible Study on the book of Colossians.
I have been happily married to my wife, Shirley, for twenty-nine years. We have two adult sons. We live outside of Minneapolis, Minnesota. In my free time, I enjoy music, camping and disc golf.
My 11 year-old son, Nathan, attended the men’s retreat with me, along with about 25 other men and boys. Craig’s teaching involved the entire group using God’s Word, stories, discussion and activities to make his point. We both loved it!Jason D - Retreat Participant
Craig McCourt is one of the most inspiring, yet down-to-earth speakers I have ever had the opportunity to listen to. His God given talents are many. I particularly like the fact that Craig is extremely effective in motivating and uplifting people of all ages.Dr. James Pingel
Few speakers have the unique ability to make you laugh and cry at the same time. Craig uses this gift to tear down our defenses and open our hearts to the truth.John Ingelin - Author
Craig is a dynamic speaker who has experienced life. He’s witty, humorous, and very well connected with all ages groups. One our high school favorite chapel speakers!James Strehlke - Teacher
This guy is a funny, funny man!Rev. Dr. Jeffery Schrank